Today at the RHOK, everyone is sharing how their husband proposed. Mine did pretty good. We had know each other since elementary school and dated here and there. Finally during our senior year in college we started dating, knowing full well we would get married. So, I waited for a ring. The typical holidays came and went and FINALLY in June I went to his house on the way home form college. He called me on the way and said he had to run to the store but he'd leave the front door open. So, I get there and walk in and in the living room floor is a heart of rose petals with a card, the card sent me to the next room (it was a treasure hunt). There was some Hersey kisses in one room and Life cereal in another. Each with a little clue. I, however, still was kind of clueless until the last room had a basket of "platinum" soaps and potpourri. Then if finally hit me, I'm getting the ring! He was on the back porch, going crazy waiting I'm sure. He got down on his knee and said something sweet that I was too excited to remember and asked me to marry him. I said YES! I got on the phone with everyone and later as I was staring at my ring I literally had chest pains. I thought I was having a heart attack for a few minutes! We got married 6 months later.
By the way, this year we celebrated 10 years and he once again suprised me. He and my girls give me a sweet letters about being a great mom and wife, and the one from Carolina at the end said, Will you marry Daddy again? When I finished it he popped out another box, this time with an anniversary band to go with that beautiful ring he gave me 10 years earlier. What a man!
See other fun stories here:
Jodie, that was very sweet and took some thought. I love the stories where you know they had to put some forethought into it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 10 years. I'm hoping Brett does something really romantic on our 20th anniversary in 3 years.
Thanks for participating today in MckLinky Monday!
Ahhhhh that is so sweet! I may have to stop reading these things at work .... they keep making me tear up! :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes they just have to wait for the right moment. Very nicely done!
ReplyDeleteWhat a man is right! He is definitely a keeper!!! What a romantic! I love the story.
ReplyDeleteI think you might need to bring out the Salt N Peppa song "What A Man"!! LOL! Great Story! Congrats on 10 years. ♥Mrs. Hart♥
ReplyDeleteI love going down memory lane...I can still remember receiving one of those phone calls ten years ago :) He did good and was so proud of himself and of course we were all proud of his creativity too :) I still can't believe its already been more than 10 years now...Jo, where has the time gone?? Sometimes it still feels like we were 12 and 13 years old telling everyone we were twins :) Love you!!!
ReplyDelete